Monday 22 September 2014

Saracen cavalry comparison pictures, Old Glory, Perry miniatures, Gripping Beast, Conquest games, Magister militum.

Saracen cavalry comparison pictures, Old Glory, Perry miniatures, Gripping Beast, Conquest games, Magister militum.

There are never enough of these kind of pictures on the net when you tries to build an army so I thought I should share these with you.






The miniatures are from left to right:
Perry miniatures, unpainted Old Glory Arab Armoured Cavalry, Musketeer miniature,Gripping beast (they use the same horses and are almost exactly sculpt-wise), converter plastic Conquest Games Normans, unpainted Old Glory Ghulams, Magister Militum.

Old Glory got so bad pictures on their website you cant really see what you get so ordering from them was a sort of gamble but I liked them. Its nice to have some more horse sculpts to play with in the units.  So I like the added variety to have something new to paint.

When building a horse heavy army having a bunch of horse sculpts that all look the same could really turn you down.


I like them all except the Magister Militum horses, thats to bad as I really liked their infantry. 

1 comment:

  1. Very useful post indeed! Interestingly I note that these different producers seem to mix quite well in size for this particular range. I mean, normally you can get problems due to the different sizes within the 28 mm ranges - but here they seem really balanced, even the horses. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete