Tuesday 16 September 2014

Arab archers

I have just finished this small unit of Arab archers, I have based them individually and dont given them any shields or extra weapons as I intent to use them as light archers or skirmishers.
The archers are all from Gripping Beast plastic kit.




They are accompanied by a sort of Imam figure filling them with religious devotion. The Imam is from Gripping Beast Moorish miniature line and I chose to give him on of the single bases from Victrix to make him stand out a little but still being able to rank up in a unit if needing to.

To bad the bows are miscast or damaged, that box aint perfect.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Lots of arabs so far. Lookin' good! How many have you finished?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John.

    I think "not enough" is a number right ?

    It has grown over time and Im not tired of them yet. I plan to have a game in a week or two and then I will try to take a new army shot of the collection and we will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..that's a number alright ;)

      Will be exciting too see an armyphoto :) What rule system?

      Delete
    2. I plan to use them in Hail Caesar but as they are historical I guess any set of rules could do.

      Delete
  3. Nice pictures. I read that you are preparing these troops for Hail Caesar. I have the warlord rulebook but I have not played it yet.
    I'm painting a group of Hospitallers knights but I'll use them for SAGA. Have you tried Saga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I have the Saga rules but havn´t actually played any games with it yet.

      In my Crusader project I have based some miniatures individually so they could be used in games like Saga/ Cressent and Cross or other smaller types of games.
      In Hail Caesar I just use a movement tray so invidual based miniatures are not so mutch of a problem.

      In this case here the archers are meant to act in open order so individual basing is prefered.

      Delete