Friday 29 November 2013

WIP - Death Korps mounted Commissar



Just some work in progress on my Death Korps of Krieg army in Warhammer 40k.

I mounded one of my Commissars.

He is cut from the waist and mounted on a regular Death Korp horse. I replace his saber with an axe from my Viking bitbox. He got a riding crop under his arm and I gave him an Napoleonic Hussar jacket over one of his shoulders. Seeing that the Death Korps uniforms are more or less direct copies of French ww1 uniforms (save the sides of the helmets which look more German ww2) I thought it would only be fitting to give him a French hussar jacket. 





The riding crop was made from a plastic broomstick straw that was flattened in one end with a plier.
Im not totally convinced about the hussar jacket, maybe that’s a little over the top and I might remove it. But at the same time it won’t get any dandier then a hussar jacket. 

7 comments:

  1. I like the hussar jacket! 40k is all about being as over-the-top as possible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah Im thinking it should stay now.

      Delete
  2. Cool work. Though I don't play 40k anymore, I still like those Forgeworld miniatures.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      They sure can do some cool miniatures.

      Delete
  3. Love the lore behind the Krieg commissars, how they are the "voice of restraint for Death Korps officers" because the death korps are so fanatical. visit deschutes guide service

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something special with those Death Korps Commissars, and the miniatures are very nice to.

      Delete
  4. Wow, this one will be bleeping amazing when finished!

    ReplyDelete